3.12.x → 4.x Migration tool is available to all Hazelcast Enterprise customers. To get the tool or learn further details, please reach out to Hazelcast Support.
Hazelcast IMDG 3.9
- Extended Support for IMDG 3.9 will end on 23 April 2021.
Hazelcast IMDG 3.12
- Standard Support for IMDG 3.12 will end on 9 April 2021.
- Extended Support will continue for an additional 18 months.
For more information see the full list of Version Support Windows.
Latest News / Releases
Hazelcast IMDG 4.2-BETA-1
- Sorting Support for Hazelcast SQL: Added the support of SQL sorting feature. By using the newly implemented
OFFSETconstructions, you can see the query results being ordered in ascending or descending fashion, limit the count of results, or skip some results. See the documentation for examples.
- Node Aware Partition Grouping: Added the support of partition grouping mechanism in the Hazelcast discovery plugin for Kubernetes. You can create partition groups according to the name of the node which is provided by this plugin and on which the containers/pods run. See the NODE_AWARE section of the IMDG Reference Manual for more information.
- Placement Aware Partition Grouping: Added the support of
partition grouping mechanism in the Hazelcast discovery plugin for AWS.You can group members according to their placement metadata provided by the cloud providers, such as rack, fault domain, power sources, network, and resources of a virtual machine in a zone. See the PLACEMENT_AWARE section of the IMDG Reference Manual for more information.
- Dynamic Log Level Support: Added the support of changing Hazelcast log levels without restarting cluster members.See the Dynamically Changing Log Levels section.
- Improved the
GenericRecordand serialization API with various renaming and class replacements. See here for the details.
- Changed the default value of the cluster connection timeout for clients to infinite; it was previously 2 minutes.
- Added the support of non-nullable columns for the SQL service.
- Added the support of
OBJECTtype for the comparison operators in Hazelcast's SQL service.
- Added the support of
remainderoperation for Hazelcast's SQL service.
- Introduced a new SQL threading model to improve its performance.
- Implemented the fetch and offset SQL clauses without pushing the operator on the individual member.
- Introduced a new serialization mechanism for SQL row data. Previously, every value was being serialized as
Datawhich was inefficient and the non-Java clients could not read some types, e.g.,
decimal. With this new mechanism, a new custom codec
SqlPageCodechas been introduced that serializes values using a custom built-in list serializer depending on the type of the column.
- Added the ability to cancel queries on the client-side when there are active requests sent to the member; this enhancement facilitates the future implementation of a non-blocking
SQL client handler.
- Introduced the support of schemas for the SQL public API.
- Introduced a configuration option (`per-entry-stats-enabled`) for retrieving per-entry statistics of a map, which is disabled by default.
- Added the ability to override Hazelcast's built-in serializers.
- Implemented the
IMap.entrySet()method for the partition ID set.
- Added the serialization support of
- Improved the discovery by external smart clients in the cloud environments: the clients now only need to know the address of any member (or that of a load balancer if members are exposed via load balancer).
- Introduced a configuration property to ignore errors during enabling the XXE protection. This protection works with JAXP 1.5 (Java 7 Update 40) and newer. When an older JAXP implementation is added to the classpath, e.g., Xerces and Xalan, an exception is thrown. The newly introduced property, namely
hazelcast.ignoreXxeProtectionFailures, allows you to ignore those exceptions.
- Added the missing
replicatedmap-permissionsupport to the XML and YAML configuration handlers.
StandardCharsetsto be used in JSON querying.
- Implemented migration listener for the Java client.
- Introduced tenant control when creating JCache caches.
- Added the `BigDecimal`,`LocalTime`,`LocalDate`,`LocalDateTime`,`OffsetDateTime` types to the Portable Serialization.
- Introduced the
unparkAll()method for event journal read operations.
Hazelcast Management Center 4.2021.02
- Added the support of specifying custom ports for Prometheus exporter using the
hazelcast.mc.prometheusExporter.portproperty. See here for the details.
Introduced the compatibility between RocksDB and IBM AIX; Management Center now is able to work on this operating system.
- Added the support of managing and monitoring Hazelcast Jet 4.4 clusters.
Added mutual authentication mechanism based on TLS when using JMX API to manage and monitor the clusters through Management Center.
Improved the mechanism of the connection between a cluster and Management Center so that when a cluster is shutdown, this does not disable the cluster configuration; when the cluster is live again, Management Center connects to it without further actions.
Redesigned the authentication-related screens and also renamed the "Default" security provider as "Local".
- Updated the client filtering content and added an example on how to filter the clients to the documentation. See here for information.
Added controls for security and serialization configurations for the configuration health check; also added configuration equality checks for topics, reliable topics and queues.
The Manage Clusters page now refreshes the cluster member count in short intervals to provide a more accurate member count.
Added new configuration options to be used when authenticating with OpenID Connect: option to select the JWS algorithm, the HTTP method type for `UserInfo` request, and whether to send client information in a token request. See the documentation
- Added numbering to the output list of configuration health check for convenience.
The start script now checks whether RocksDB can write to its defaultextracted
java.io.tmpdirectory or a user specified temporary one before running Management Center; if not, Management Center fails fast.
- Upgraded the H2 Database version to its latest to eliminate the alerts related to its security vulnerabilities for the old version.
Hazelcast C++ Client 4.0.1
- Changed the generated hazelcast library and cmake target name are changed from `hazelcastcxx` to `hazelcast-cpp-client` to match the name of the project. See here for the details.
Hazelcast Discovery Plugin for Apache ZooKeeper 4.0.2
- Revised the README documentation.
- Upgraded the versions of Maven properties in
Best wishes from the Hazelcast Team!