Hazelcast is in compliance with GDPR and all known privacy guidelines as we do not collect any data from the application being utilized with Hazelcast. Hazelcast does not log any user data related details. There may potentially be IP addresses in some of the data such as configuration files, hazelcast logs and hazelcast diagnostics logs if turned on. We ask that the customer run a find and replace on that data if it is required. Additionally, the hazelcast configuration file can be collected from the Management Center where they are automatically scrubbed before being packaged for transfer to Hazelcast support.
Articles in this section
- Hazelcast GDPR Policy
- How to view filed support tickets ?
- How do I initiate a support request?
- How-To Guide for Upgrading Hazelcast IMDG
- Client and server version compatibility
- What are the best practices for monitoring and alerting?
- Where can I find details about Support policies?
- What is an OperationTimeoutException and when is it thrown?
- How do I send hazelcast.xml for diagnosing support issues if I use Java configuration?
- Where can I find code samples showing how certain features work?