Hazelcast IMDG 3.10
Standard Support for IMDG 3.10 will end in 25 April 2020.
Extended Support will continue for an additional 18 months.
Hazelcast IMDG 3.7
Extended Support for IMDG 3.7 is ending on 17 February 2020.
For more information see the full list of Version Support Windows.
Latest News / Releases
Hazelcast IMDG 4.0
Hazelcast IMDG Enterprise New Features:
- Intel Optane Memory Integration: Added support for Intel(R) Optane(TM) DC Persistent Memory as a cost-effective alternative to RAM with comparable performance. Intel Optane is supported by Hazelcast's High-Density Memory Store feature to take advantage of larger memory capacities. See the Using Persistent Memory section.
- Encrypting Data in Hot Restart Store: Provided a framework and implementation to encrypt data in Hot Restart stores ("at rest") for data held in distributed structures. See the Encryption at Rest section.
- X.509 Certificate Authentication: Added support for credential retrieval by the members from the X.509 certificates configured on the clients. See the Security chapter.
- Out of the Box LDAP Configuration: Introduced a new LDAP login module where you do not need to provide your own JAAS login module for this purpose. See the Security chapter.
- CP Subsystem Persistence: Implemented persistency for Hazelcast’s CP (Consistency & Partition Tolerance) subsystem. See the CP Subsystem Persistence section.
Hazelcast IMDG Open Source New Features:
- CP Subsystem Development Mode: Introduced UNSAFE mode for the CP data structures. This way, you do not need to have at least three IMDG members to use CP Subsystem: you can benefit from its functionalities using only one or two members. See the CP Subsystem Unsafe Mode section
- Bitmap Indexes: Introduced this feature to significantly lower index memory usage for low-cardinality columns and also to speed up the queries and lower memory requirements for them when the queries have multiple predicates acting on the same bitmap index. Note that bitmap indexes usage, currently, is a good fit for array/collection attribute indexing, rather than regular single-valued attributes. See the Bitmap Indexes section.
- API improvements & cleanups, and many refactorings including architectural changes. For further details, please see the Release Notes
Hazelcast IMDG 3.12.6
- Introduced Bitmap Indexes to significantly lower index memory usage for low-cardinality columns and also to speed up the queries and lower memory requirements for them when the queries have multiple predicates acting on the same bitmap index. Note that bitmap indexes usage, currently, is a good fit for array/collection attribute indexing, rather than regular single-valued attributes. See the Bitmap Indexes section.
- Added support for AWS PrivateLink: Now, Hazelcast IMDG Java client can work with Hazelcast Cloud when it uses AWS PrivateLink.
Management Center 4.0
- Added support for browsing map entries with custom Java objects as their values.
- Added support for showing graphs in full screen.
- Added a keyboard shortcut and a top menu button for opening the console.
- Added "UI Logs" screen for troubleshooting UI issues.
- Changed the underlying persistence mechanism so that it will be possible to use the same Management Center home directory between minor releases.
- Speeded initial start-up by starting the JMX service asynchronously.
- Improved the member details page so that it shows whether the cluster member has Intel DC Optane enabled or not.
- Improved login mechanism such that when multiple simultaneous logins are disabled, the user now has the option to invalidate the older sessions.
- Improved the WAN statistics in clustered REST/JMX including the fixes in total published event count and outbound queue size, and the new maximum outbound queue size.
- Converted the previously used arguments (port, tlsPort, contextPath), when configuring Management Center during startup, to system properties.
- Removed "Base DN" from LDAP and Active Directory configurations to avoid confusion.
- The way Management Center connects to and communicates with IMDG clusters has been redesigned. From Management Center 4.0 and onwards, this communication is based on the IMDG client protocol. The IMDG clusters that Management Center should connect to are now configured within Management Center.
- Multiple simultaneous logins by the same user are now allowed by default.
- Management Center now starts in the root context path (/) by default.
- Alerting functionality has been removed.
Management Center 3.11.4
- Added a new configuration parameter for the Active Directory integration. It is now possible to configure the LDAP search filter to be used for searching the user. See the Active Directory Authentication section.
- Existing Active Directory integrations will break as a result of upgrading to 3.11.4. You need to update your ldap.properties file and replace the following line
Hazelcast Jet 3.2.2
- Updated Hazelcast IMDG version to 3.12.6.
Node.js Client 3.12.2
- AWS PrivateLink Compatibility: Hazelcast Cloud Discovery is now also compatible with the AWS PrivateLink feature to provide connectivity between VPCs.
C++ Client 3.12.1
Hazelcast Discovery Plugin for AWS 3.1
- Updated the default region as the current one.
- Reduced the default number of retries to 3.
- Updated README.md to include the YAML configuration sample.
Hazelcast Kubernetes Cloud Discovery 2.0.1
Hazelcast IMDG Enterprise for PCF 1.8.2
- Updated Hazelcast IMDG Enterprise version to 3.12.5.
- Updated Management Center version to 3.12.7.
- Created persistent disk for Management Center.