This is an official communication from Hazelcast to notify you of recent new releases and patches.
Guides Updated for 3.9
Hazelcast IMDG 3.9.2 and 3.9.1
- Ping Failure Detector: Ping Failure Detector provides a quicker and more deterministic detection of hardware and other lower level events. Please see the Ping Failure Detector section.
- Expiration operations can be stopped/canceled during the SHUTTING_DOWN state. Otherwise it causes graceful shutdowns which take longer, especially on clusters with a large amount of data, e.g., High-Density Memory Store backed maps. It is not necessary to block the shutdown for these operations since it will eventually be handled on the new owner of the entries.
- Changed Hazelcast base images from Debian to Alpine Linux. Hence, the size of the Docker image is reduced.
Management Center 3.9.1
- Introduced the display of last login time.
- Type of the key is validated on Browse Map/Cache dialog.
- Added extra option to start the script for the location to expand the WAR file.
- Repeated unsuccessful login attempts cause the login to be disabled incrementally.
- "Secure" flag is set for cookies when HTTPS is used.
Hazelcast IMDG 3.8.9 and 3.8.8
Kubernetes Cloud Discovery 1.1.0
- Configurable support for adding endpoints of pods still not ready on Kubernetes
- Upgrade kubernetes-client version.
- Allow multiple Hazelcast IMDG instances in the same namespace with different labels.
Apache jclouds Cloud Discovery 3.7.2
- Allow to configure custom endpoints for generic APIs and properly bridge jclouds logging to Hazelcast IMDG.
- Updated dependencies and project version to Hazelcast IMDG 3.9.
.NET Client 3.9.2
- NET Core 2.0+ support.
- API Docs are improved.
Hazelcast IMDG Enterprise for PCF 126.96.36.199
Hazelcast IMDG Enterprise and Management Center are upgraded to v3.9.1.
C++ Client 3.9.1
- Global Serializer: Global Serializer allows you to use objects for which you have not defined any serializers. It also lets you compile your code without the need to write the free function getHazelcastTypeId.
C++ Client 3.9
- Polymorphic Object Support: Polymorphic object support for all serialization types; IdentifiedDataSerializable, Portable and custom types. You can now use the base type when you get a data structure, for example client.getMap<BaseKey, BaseValue>("mymap"), and put and get derived polymorphic objects to the same data structure.
- Mixed Type Unrelated Object Support: The support for all serialization types for completely unrelated object types to be used at the Hazelcast data structures.
Node.js Client 0.7
- Eventually consistent near cache.
- SSL Mutual authentication.
Best wishes from the Hazelcast Team!
–The Hazelcast Team